This week’s activity was plaster casting! This was awesome!! It was the first time I ever did it before. Due to shortage of time, I did not have a chance to go to the beach and so this activity, but thankfully I had some extra sand lying around on my backyard. I got home from work and started on my project luckily I had a helping hand with me, my brother in law. First we gathered our necessary equipment for the project and then we headed out to the backyard. We filled 1 bucket with sand, we put water in a pitcher and we used the other bucket for the plaster. I stuck my hand in the bucket of sand to create the mold, we left it in there for a couple minutes and carefully pulled it out with the help of Tony, my brother in law. After that I mixed the plaster, I was not sure how long to mix it for so we just winged it. We poured it into the mold and waited about 45 minutes to pull it out. When we first began to pull it out I thought that it was broken but turned out it was kind of stuck together instead and it was really rough and bumpy. I dusted the sand off with the brush provided in our kit and finally I had the finished product. It was a funny looking hand haha! It was not as accurate as I expected it to be probably because I did not mix the plaster well enough but I thought it was pretty good for my first time doing it. It was an awesome experience and I would definitely do it again!